ALL NOMINATED CHANGE-MAKERS RECEIVE
- Invitation to attend the Virtual Change-Maker Forum - September 2nd 2021.
- Invitation to be part of the Change-Maker Alumni, to connect with students around the country.
- Certificate of recognition.
- Consideration to attend the National Change-Maker Summit (video submission required).
- Complete registration form for Change-Maker Forum form. You can find the form in the email you received when you were nominated
- Make sure your parents/guardian have completed the consent form. Your parent / guardian would have received an email when you were nominated
- Applying for National Change-Maker Summit – create and submit 1 minute video – due by 17 August 2021
- Attend the Change-Maker Forum on 2nd September 2021
- Join the Change-Maker Alumni. Join here
2020 Australian Olympic Change-Maker Summit
Change-Makers will come together for the annual forum held on September 2. The Forum connects students and schools around Australia in one major event. Join us and celebrate young leaders nominated for the 2021 Australian Olympic Change-Maker award.
The Forum will feature guest Olympians as we delve into insightful discussion about leadership, overcoming challenges in creating change, as well as gaining first-hand insight in our athletes' experience at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. During the event students will be able to interact and ask questions, having them answered live.
Change-Maker National Summit
The National Summit is a unique event that brings together up to 25 young leaders from around the country. During this event, students will work alongside Olympians and provide a vital youth voice and recommendations to the AOC. The Summit will be held in December (date tbc), and depending on government health guidelines, the event will take place in person or virtually.
To be part of the National Summit, students are required to submit a 1-minute video which actively demonstrates how you:
• Display leadership through sport in your school or local community, and/or
• Use sport as a vehicle to improve health & wellbeing and drive social change in your school or local community
Successful submissions will be based upon the student's ability to demonstrate:
• Social Impact
• Inclusion of the Program's 2021 theme: "Change"; and
•Complies with the (17 - Video Criteria) in the Terms and Conditions
A panel of Olympians will determine the successful students.
“To me being a Change-Maker is all about challenging the idea that teenagers can’t make a change because we lack experience or don’t have the resources”