What is Village Art
Village Art offers students of all ages the chance to create and submit artwork, to be displayed on the walls of the athletes' rooms in the Beijing 2022 Olympic Village.
The Aussie Team will compete on the world's biggest winter sporting stage and this is your chance to brighten up their rooms - show your support and inspire our Team to do the best they can!
Our athletes love these artworks, they provide a connection to home and messages of support like no other.
Educators can use the following lesson plan to run this activity in the classroom:
How It Works
What you need to do
- Download lesson plans
- Get creative - create the art pieces in your classroom and take photos of the students hard at work
- Submit the final work by 10 December 2021, along with a completed consent form. Post artwork to: Village Art, Community Engagement, Australian Olympic Committee, Level 4 - Museum of Contemporary Art, 140 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
- Artwork received by the AOC by the closing date will be flown to Beijing and mounted onto the walls of the athletes' rooms in the Olympic Village. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that all artwork will be mounted onto the walls.
- Post the student photos and good luck messages on social media - tag @AUSOlympicTeam and use #ChasingWinter
- Get to know the Beijing 2022 Winter Sports here
Download Village Art Resources
Village Art Inspiration
“The art in the Olympic village created by Australian schools and clubs really boosts the Australian team spirit. It's a daily reminder that we aren't just competing for ourselves, we are representing our whole country, and this strengthens the feelings of pride and passion each athlete carries when we compete.”