Olympic Day Live, hosted by Optus
Celebrate Olympic Day with Aussie Olympic champions Ian Thorpe and Ellia Green, with Olympic Day Live, hosted by Optus!
You're invited to tune in on Tuesday 23 June at 12.30pm AEST to hear directly from Ian Thorpe, Australia’s most successful Olympian, and Ellia Green, who made history as the first ever Olympic champions in Rugby 7s at Rio 2016, about what the Olympics means to them.
Hosted by Channel 7’s Mark Beretta, Ian and Ellia will share their Olympic experiences, and check in with athletes and community members who have set #OlympicDayGoals – working on new challenges throughout June to achieve by Olympic Day.
Set your reminder below.
Join in an international celebration developed to promote healthy and active lifestyles, tailored to the Australian public and schools.
What is Olympic Day?
Olympic Day is much more than just a sports event, it is an opportunity for the world to get active, learn about Olympic values and discover new sports.
This year, athletes all over the world are reassessing their goals in a COVID-19 world, so our #OlympicDayGoals campaign encourages the general public and school students to do the same.
What is #OlympicDayGoals?
Inspired by Olympians and their goal-setting, we're encouraging you to realise how much can be achieved in just three weeks, if you set a goal and stick at it.
Set a goal at the start of June 2020 which you would like to achieve by Olympic Day - 23 June 2020.
Together we will celebrate our progress and achievements on Olympic Day.
Get Involved - Social Media
1. Set a goal on 1 June to achieve by Olympic Day - 23 June 2020
2. Download your preferred #OlympicDayGoals graphics below;
- Instagram - download a graphic for Instagram Stories or square graphic for Instagram feeds
- Facebook & Twitter - download a graphic suitable for Facebook and Twitter
3. Share your goal on social & challenge 4 mates to join in by tagging them in your post (example copy available below)
4. Share your weekly progress on your social channels - tag @AUSOlympicTeam and #OlympicDayGoals
5. Together we’ll celebrate our #OlympicDayGoals on Olympic Day
Example Social Media Posts
Get Involved - Schools
We have some resources for you to help bring Olympic Day to life and engage your class with challenges and goals throughout June. Download the full set of education resources
1. Olympic Day Goal Pledge: Encourage your students to set a goal on 1 June to achieve by Olympic Day - 23 June 2020
2. Olympic Day Activity Guide: The activity guide encourages students to embrace Olympic Day and their goal by getting involved in activities designed to encourage physical activity, challenge their creativity, and learn about Aussie Olympic athletes and sports
3. Olympic Day Goal Certificate: for students who complete their goals on 23 June
4. Encourage students and the school to share weekly progress on social channels - tag @AUSOlympicTeam and #OlympicDayGoals or email email@example.com - we would love to see the images and hear stories of your class getting involved!
5. Together we’ll celebrate our #OlympicDayGoals on Olympic Day via a live event