Aspen Medical is a global provider of innovative healthcare solutions across a diverse range of clients in government, non-government organisations (NGOs) and the private sector. We are a world leader in the delivery of healthcare solutions in any setting, particularly those that are remote, challenging or under-resourced. We are the only commercial organisation in the world certified by the World Health Organization (WHO) as an Emergency Medical Team for infectious disease outbreaks, and through our focus on Social Purpose, we believe passionately in using business as a force for good in everything we do.
Aspen Medical will assist the AOC’s Project Wagasa (Japanese for umbrella), through providing guidance to its Member Sports and their athletes, encompassing qualifying events, overseas competitions, pre-Games training camps as well as competing in and returning from Tokyo.
Aspen Medical will assist in:
- Checklists to assist National Federations risk-assess attending international events.
- Protocols to minimise COVID transmissions risk attending events, training, competing and transit.
- Assistance in creation of an Olympic Quarantine solution conforming with government requirements.
- Protocols to minimise COVID transmission at Pre-Games Training Camps and mustering locations to travel to the Games to ensure all test negative on arrival.
- Protocols to minimise COVID transmission for the Olympic Team when in transit to/from the Games
- Project Wagasa also incorporates the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games as Australia’s winter athletes also face complications in their qualification and training regimes.