We are excited to launch the Australian Olympic Connect | 友だち 2021 program.
Below are the terms and conditions of participation.
1. Who can participate:
Teachers in Australia or Japan with classrooms of school children aged between 10-16 years (inclusive).
You agree to obtain all necessary permissions and consents required for You, Your school and Your classroom to participate in the Program.
By participating in the Program, You agree to:
- Communicate at least once every 2 weeks via email, or other mutually agreed form of communication, with Your partner schoolteacher until the conclusion of the program.
- Establish a mutually agreed form of communication with Your partner schoolteacher and decide activities to be undertaken in a manner that best fits Your needs, always maintaining an ethical and professional relationship. The AOC will not be responsible for deciding or assisting with the form of communication; and
- Provide general feedback to the AOC (or its agent) at the conclusion of the Program.
4. Confidential Information:
If You register to participate in the Program, You will be exposed to private and confidential information, such as the thoughts and writings (“Confidential Information”) of the matched classroom. You agree that You will not – during Your participation in the Australian Olympic Connect Program or at any time thereafter – use, disclose or otherwise make available to any third party any Confidential Information, except as permitted below.
You may only disclose Confidential Information in the following circumstances: 1) when required by a judicial order or decree or governmental law or regulation, but only after You have notified the AOC reasonably in advance of such disclosure; or 2) the information becomes generally available publicly without restriction and without breach of confidentiality obligations owed to AOC .
Any improper collection or misuse of Confidential Information resulting from Your participation in the Australian Olympic Connect Program should be reported to email@example.com
5. Code of Conduct:
It is a condition of Your participation in this program that You do not: -
- Conduct yourself in a manner that is contrary to any law in Australia, Japan or any other country;
- Impersonate or claim the identity or characteristics of any person or entity, falsely claim an affiliation with any person or third party, or submit false, misleading, or inaccurate information pertaining to Your identity;
- Post or transmit any fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, scandalous, inflammatory, obscene, racist, vulgar, pornographic, hateful, profane, criminal, or offensive material of any kind, including any material that would violate any local, state, national, or international law, or give rise to any civil or criminal liability;
- Post or transmit material that victimises, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Post or transmit any material that violates or infringes the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that infringes on any intellectual property or contractual rights;
- Violate confidentiality of restricted information or reveal any trade secret information that you have either explicitly or implicitly agreed to keep confidential;
- Post or transmit material that encourages criminal conduct or conduct that might create civil liability for the AOC
- Infringe or violate the copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, or other intellectual property/proprietary rights of the AOC or any third party;
- Post or transmit any material containing software viruses or similar disabling devices;
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, material that is junk mail, encrypted, or invades a person’s privacy, or encourages any conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to any civil liability or that violates any local, state, federal, national, or international law or regulation. Any violation of the Code of Conduct will result in expulsion from the Australian Olympic Connect Program. Any violation of the Code of Conduct should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
6. Indemnity and Limitation on Liability:
In no event will the AOC be liable to You or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, You agree to indemnify and hold the AOC, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your participation in the program in violation of these terms and conditions and/or arising from a breach of these terms and conditions.